Add-on for Blender 2.93 and 3.x
using helper gizmo, without breaking adjacent faces normal directions.
It will help you to block in hard-surface planes more easily.
How to use:
- in mesh edit mode open menu: 'Face' => 'Rotate Face' (at the very bottom)
- or open same menu using Ctrl + F hotkey when having some faces selected.
- or hit spacebar -> search for 'Rotate Face'
After entering modal Rotate Face mode you can use following keys:
- [LMB/R]: Rotate faces
- [E/G]: Pull faces along normal
- [X/Y or Z]: Axis Snap
- [Shift] + [X/Y or Z] - rotating plane axis collapse - e. g. Shift+X will transform plane normal vector from (x,y,z) to (0, y, z)
- [B]: Bisect Mode - will slice geometry
- [ESC/RMB]: Finish
Update 1.1 + 1.2 (08.05.2020)
- better push/pull clamping (verts will merge, preventing selected face flip or deformations)
- fix bad result when running Rotate face from ctrl+F menu
Update 1.3 (23.08.2021) - Last Version with Gizmo
- fix crash in latest blender 2.93.3
Update 1.4 (26.04.2022) - non Gizmo version (it was dropped because of gizmo bug in Blender)
- rewrote the addon to not the use gizmos (since bug in blender that does not seems to be fixed any time soon)
- added auto- updater
Updated 1.5 (04.05.2022) - non Gizmo version,
- nicer 3D View 'fake' Gizmo,
- added [Ctrl+RMB] and [Ctrl+Shift+RMB] for face selection when running Rotate Face operator,
- added [Shift + X/Y/Z] - rotation plane axis collapse - eg. Shift+X will transform plane normal from (x,y,z) to (0, y, z)
- fix error when running Rotate Face from Header -> Face menu.
- fake gizmo is now drawn in constant screen space scale
- bug fixes
Blender addon Zip file for rotating faces.