Blob Fusion is Blender add-on targeted for character/creature base-meshes creation. It can be thought as mix of ZSpheres with Metaballs, combining best of both worlds. I wished for this kind of workflow being possible, for quite some time.
Works with Blender 3.3 and above .
- Model your characters using two primitives: Sphere and Round cone Blobs
- Auto-generated hierarchy of objects (rig like) is created, when adding new Blob
- Blobs blending control that allows to get organic results
- One click Symmetrical setup,
- Easy to use: extrude, subdivide, connect and duplicate is all you need to model
- One click Armature generation
How To use:
- Go to right sidebar (N) -> Tools -> Blob Fusion tab -> Click [+] icon (Add Blob Domain)
- Workspace tool will be automatically switched to 'Blob Fusion' - this overrides some hotkeys to the ones listed below
- Shift+A (add menu) -> Add blob (first entry) - this will be first thing you will want to use.
- Select created Blob (empty) - press E - to extrude it into capsule. More hotkeys below:
- Shift+A Add Menu Blob
- E Extrude
- Shift+D Duplicate Blob(s)
- Ctrl + MMB Scroll Select adjacent Blobs
- F Connect
- W Subdivide segment
- P Rip/Separate Selected
- Shift+G Select Child Blobs, Select Blobs by Type
- Alt+B Adjust Blob Blend factor
- Ctrl+B Blob Parameters Popup
- M Toggle Mute Blob(s)
- Alt+M Unmute All
- X\\Del Delete
- Alt+S Unify Scale - makes empty Round
- Shift+V Slide Empty towards adjacent Node Ending/Parent
Blob Fusion has build-in auto-updater - available from add-on preferences. It is good idea to restart Blender after addon update.
Update 1.1 (10.08.2022)
- added automated rig generation
- added fast transform mode.
Blob Fusion addon zip file, and 3 example Characters