For Blender 2.8 and 3.x
By default some blender operations do not work very well with instances. Mainly I speak about 'Apply transformation' and 'Set Origin to'. Apply transformation - won't work at all with instanced object and setting 'Origin to 3D cursor' won't preserve position of instances. I made python version of these, that fixes above problems.. The 'Transform Utils' also has some other tools that I developed while working with blender.
- Get Transform Orientation - quick way to align gizmo to selected object, face, vertex or edge.
- Match To Transformation - Sets current object rotation to match the gizmo transform orientation
- Apply Transformation - lets you apply location, rotation, scale even on object with instances. Instances positions will be maintained.
- Set Origin - same as above but to setting object origin
- Store position - save current object location, rotation, scale. Position can be restored with 'Restore position' button.
Ctrl + A menu contains quick access to Set Origin and Apply Transformation
Update 1.2 (09.03.2019)
- version for blender 2.8 released.
Update 2.4 (04.02.2020)
- most operations work now on meshes, curves, armatures, matabals etc.
- added 'Set origin to Selected element' - in editmode.
- fix child objects moving, when using Apply Transformation
- fix 'Match to Transfrom Orientation' not maintaining object rotation correctly
- Reworked UI, better operator descriptions, cleaned up the code.
- Ctrl + A menu contains quick access to Set Origin and Apply Transformation
Update 2.5 (12.02.2020)
- integration with GroupPro 2.1.5 for: set origin, apply transformation, match transform orientation
- Apply Transformation and Set Origin are now also available through ctrl+A menu
- cleaning UI, bugfixes
Update 2.6 (02.06.2020)
- apply transformation works on multiple objects now
- apply transformation will now try to maintain modifiers sizes
- Size7.24 KB